The Preferred Method for High-Density Pallet Storage
How many pallets deep and how many pallets high can we go?
This is the question we are asked most often. Our answer is 2–6. Most of the racking manufacturers we work with max out at a depth of 5 pallets. However, there is one manufacturer we work with whose racks accommodate up to 6 deep. If the pallets are 1000# or less, we can go 3 pallets wide.
Download Our Line Card (PDF) ▼
If you’d like to get a quote, call us at 800-821-1054 or contact us online.
Benefits: Push Back Pallet Racking
- Higher density storage: But you must have 6 or more of the same SKU. If not, double reach and selective is probably the way to go.
- Less product handling/damage: The key is to use high-quality pallets to have the most economical system.
- Faster picking vs. drive-in racks: It’s faster because you put away and de-shelve from the front.
- Safer: Forklift operators never enter into the system or need to maneuver in tight spaces.
Push Back Racking Project
Pepsico in West Virginia
Operations That Can Benefit Most From a Push Back Pallet Racking System
We’ve found that the food and beverage industry and operations that have few SKUs, but use lots of pallets, benefit the most from installing a push back system. We can install three types of storage racking (Hook & Slot, Teardrop, and Structural) depending on your specific storage needs.
Operations That Shouldn’t Use Push-back
Ideally, you need three or more of the same product for ease of not pulling pallets out in order to access a pallet behind them. You must have selectivity in the front. If your operation doesn’t fit into this mold, you might want to consider a double reach racking system or another solution.
Efficiency Gains With Push-Back Racking
You can expect an up to 60% increase in efficiency compared to selective racking, and up to 33% increase compared to double reach racking.
Price Range for a Pallet Handling System
Price per pallet typically ranges from $275-$325, depending on quantity and depth needed.
Clients We’ve Worked With
Project Quote Process
- Free Consultation. We’ll meet with you to discuss your needs and to conduct an on-site evaluation.
- Free Estimate. After the consultation, we’ll create an estimate for your project at no charge.
- Installation. Smaller projects can take 1-2 days, while larger projects can take up to 3 weeks.
Pallet Rack Installation in Mid-Atlantic States
J&J Material provides top-notch consultation, design, and installation of pallet rack systems throughout the Mid-Atlantic states. We regularly work in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
Contact Us About Your Pallet Storage Needs
We’d love to meet with you to discuss what you’re looking for and how we can help.