Instance Access for Greater Efficiency
Selective pallet racking systems are the most popular style of storage rack for material handling because they offer immediate access to your stored items. Their versatile configurations are ideal for low-turnover retail, general warehousing, and manufacturing, and their easy-to-clean surface is well-suited for food and pharmaceutical storage.
Why Choose Selective Rack?
The clip-in and/or bolted configuration of selective pallet racking allows for convenient disassembly and reassembly to reconfigure and adjust systems as needed. Whether utilized in a retail space or a “big box” distribution center, selective rack systems provide near limitless storage options, and allow our clients to create a customized system that best suits the sizes and volume of their stored and manufactured goods. An array of rack colors are available too.
Selective racking systems have durable powder-coated and baked enamel finishes to protect the steel and ensure a long life even in the most demanding of environments.
What Is Selective Pallet Racking?
A selective pallet racking system positions your pallets so that all pallets are quickly and easily accessible all the time. It is the most popular type of pallet racking because it eliminates the need to move pallets out of the way to get to the ones you want. This makes loading and unloading notably faster and more efficient.
Selective Rack Configurations
J & J Material offers two selective rack system configurations.
- Rollformed (clip-in): This configuration holds horizontal load beams in place with mounting clips. It is most commonly manufactured in a slotted teardrop style.
- Structural: This configuration is designed for greater load-bearing capacity with horizontal load beams held in place with bolts. Structural pallet racking can also be built with upright columns that support the roof of the building.
Where Selective Rack Works Best
Because this system is designed to keep all pallets accessible without moving others, it is most efficient for storage environments that have a lower number of SKUs and enough floor space to create the required number of aisles for access.
In a well-matched environment, selective pallet racking offers many advantages, including:
- Efficient use of space
- Easy load/unload maneuvering
- Lower cost compared to other racking styles
- Greater availability of used racking
Is Selective Rack Right for Your Warehouse?
For help deciding if selective rack is the right system for your storage needs and environment, call us or submit the Contact Request form to schedule a free consultation. We’re happy to meet with you to discuss your needs and make recommendations.
Request a Quote Today
When you’re ready to purchase your selective pallet racking and it’s time to get a quote, just give us a call at 717-449-5153 to discuss your needs, and we’ll get your quote started right away. You can also submit a quote request using the form on this page. And if you need a consultation first to figure out what racking style is the best fit, we can do that, too.
Project Quote Process
- Free Consultation. We’ll meet with you to discuss your needs and to conduct an on-site evaluation.
- Free Estimate. After the consultation, we’ll create an estimate for your project at no charge.
- Installation. Smaller projects can take 1-2 days, while larger projects can take up to 3 weeks.
Our Service Area
Learn more about our service area, and how we might be able to help you even if you are outside of the area.
Clients We’ve Worked With
Contact Us About Your Pallet Storage Needs
We’d love to meet with you to discuss what you’re looking for and how we can help.